Creating a Podcast
What is a podcast? A podcast is a audio blog or show that is recorded using a microphone or recording device. Podcasts typically consist of one or more people talking about a topic of choice or interest. How does this relate to blogging? A podcast is basically a blog in an audio format. For this lesson you will be creating a podcast about an event or current event in history. Follow the steps below to create your podcast.
- Follow the tutorial below on how to create a podcast using Soundcloud.
- Brainstorm ideas for your first blog post. Remember you post has to be about something that occurred in history or a current event.
- Create research questions about your blog that you would like to answer. Begin to research your blog.
- Create a script or an outline for your podcast
- Create an account on soundcloud
- Go to and create a new podcast. (See the videos below if you are not sure how to do that)
- Double check the blogging rubric to make sure you have included all of the requirements.
- Embed your podcast on your blog and post
- How to create an account and record with Soundcloud
- Embedding your podcast to Weebly